SparkyLinux 3.1 LXDE - Archaic and modern

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

I've written a review of SparkyLinux 3.1 64-bit edition with LXDE desktop environment, tested in a quad-boot setup on a laptop with with SSD and Intel graphics, covering live session, installation and post-install use and configurations, including look & feel, Wireless, Samba sharing, multimedia playback - Flash and MP3, installation wizard setup and partitioning, a large applications set and colorful helper utilities, package management & updates, suspend & resume, stability, resource usage, overall usability, future prospects, some small bugs, and more.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/sparkylinux-3-1-lxde.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

A joke about the need to polish the configuration would have been too obvious? ;)
    Thanks for the review but I'll skip some versions before jumping on that train.
    Too crude for my liking as it is now.

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

No, it's there ... way ahead of you :)
    Mrk

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Darn. You are indeed.
    Sparky is an unlikely name. Unless those Polish got a real fascination for old-school electrocution chairs of course, then it would make perfect sense.

-note to self; must-read-conclusions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.