SpamNet for Outlook...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Uguel707, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey!

There is a program I saw tonight and it is a Netprogram that fights spam for users of Outlook Express or Outlook...one point of interest is that when a message does slip through you can click on "block" and similar messages not only will be blocked in future on your system but also be submitted to a community block list as it is based on a community peer-to-peer filtering model. They say that the program "keeps over 95% of Spam out.."

General info:

http://cloudmark.com/products/spamnet/

The trial or the free beta version:

http://cloudmark.com/products/spamnet/download/

Download trial or the free beta version:

This might be interesting for those who get lots of SPAM email in Outlook or Outlook Express and might be interested to try it...
    I'll try the beta in Outlook tomorrow and see if it's worth it.

In any case, I would like to know if anyone here has any experience, good or bad, with the program.

Uguel :)

2. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey!

The beta version has worked fine up to now.
    It was easy to install and it works quite well. :)

Once in Outlook Express>tools>options we can see what we can do with spam when it is detected.

There is an auto-filtering component in it that automatically checks your mail against the Spam Net database of known spam messages. If a message is identified as spam, the message is automatically moved to the Spam folder.

The Spam folder is created by default when installing ;)

If a Spam message can reach the email box, you can contribute to the Spam net community by reporting the message back to SpamNet by highlighting it and clicking "block" in the Outlook toolbar.

Uguel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.