Spam Problems

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by wpdmc, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place or not. I've been getting quite a bit of unsolicited e-mail from,mailto:judahsanctuary@yahoogroups.com. I've been reporting them to Spamcop to the tune of about
    40 e-mails already. Does anyone know how i can stop these from coming? I don't even know how they got my address, but they're a real pain, and it's all about things in India. Thanks, wpdmc.:mad:

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Don't you have any anti-spam software and which email program do you use?

3. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

No, I don't have any anti-spam software. My e-mail program is Outlook Express 6.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

5. pepim

pepim Registered Member

A good antispamsoftware is Mailwasher. Experts recommend it and I think it's a very nice program. There's a free version (only for POP).

Furthermore I would recommend using Thunderbird instead of Outlook.

edit: I see I could've saved me the trouble :blink:

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  6. wpdmc

wpdmc Registered Member

Hi Bubba, I contacted my ISP, and they tried to tell me how to set-up my outlook xpress to block it, but it didn't work. I went to the BlueSecurity program, but the site seemed to be getting worked on. I kept going back but the site was still down, and i guess i forgot to keep going back. I checked out mailwashers program, but not being very computer program literate, there were parts i didn't understand. I still have it downloaded but haven't installed it. I looked at scbl, and it seemed to send me from one site to another,but i did use spamcops spam processor, and have been doing so.
    Today after my post i received an e-mail from yahoo
    reprsentitives, stating they would be getting back to me with-in 48hrs. I didn't receive this until after my post.
    I have been trying to utilize former suggestions, but not fully understanding some of the programs, i chose to
    keep reporting to spamcop, which seems to finally be paying off. Thanks wpdmc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.