Spam Crusher for The Bat! 1.0 by American Systems

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FanJ, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I just was notified about this new program from American Systems.

Site:
    http://www.americansys.com/spamcrusherbat.htm

Some quotes:

Introducing Spam Crusher for The Bat! An all new product from American Systems.

Spam Crusher for The Bat! integrates right into The Bat! from RITLabs. As your email arrives Spam Crusher scans the email. If it is spam it is automatically sent to the Junk folder within The Bat!.

Spam Crusher works in several ways. First, it lets you add the email addresses of those people who are your "friends." The people you want to receive email from. Friends can be added one at a time, or you can import the address book from your email client right into the program. Spam Crusher will not filter any email from someone on your 'friends' list. Their email will always get through.

Secondly, Spam Crusher blocks out offensive email using a filter list that's made up of thousands of entries. These filters contain domain names and email addresses of known spammers. The filters also contain offensive words and phrases. And, this list is constantly updated by us.

Thirdly, Spam Crusher lets *you* add things to the filter list that are offensive to you. Email addresses, domain names, words, and more. That means Spam Crusher is constantly getting smarter and filtering out more and more junk. Continuously *crushing* more of the junk mail aimed at you!

- end quotes -

You will find a few screenshots at above mentioned site.

Notes:
    It is not free.
    I have not tried it at the moment, so from own experience I cannot tell you more about it.
    Anyhow, I thought I mentioned it here for those of you who are interested.

Cheers, Jan.

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

That's a pity... it'll cost you some $25...

I am running k9 between my mailserver and The Bat! and I'm mighty pleased with it. Right now K9 reaches some 99% reliability. Create one filter and have the spam mail delivered in a mail folder in The Bat!. There are more free tools available.

Strange to see a commercial tool adding to The Bat! where there are plenty of free effective tools.
    It can't be that they try to make it easier for end users to integrate functions. The Bat! users typically are security aware 'power users', who probably know how to tune their systems...
    The one big advantage of this tool, as I see, is that it can use the address book entries, that's a nice feature. The site is lacking any info about the reliability of the scanner, it does use blacklists and might learn doing so, but is it a bayesian scanner?

Anyway, I'll not be using it, I'm happy using K9

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.