Sp3 and Shutdown..

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by PnP, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PnP

PnP Registered Member

Hi... I try in this days the new sp3... When PC shutdown stopped for some minutes than shutdown... I noticed that all the apps in systray closed even "lookstop"... Is it a know issue? Are there any fixes? Thanks to all in advice...

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Just so you know, there is no official SP3 yet. The SP3 circulating on the net is not recommended to install.

3. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

PnP,

I was thinking to ask the same question. But not sure, if it is related to LnS!

Both, my WinXp and my Win2k system needs some endless time (about 1 minute) for shutdown with LnS shutting down "FIRST" followed by the other applications in the system tray.

If I would be a trojan horse I would log all wanted data from the user during the session. And when the shut-down command is executed, it seems to me that LnS closes first! So I (the trojan horse) could send out my data without any prevention from the firewall.
    Hopefully no bad guys here getting my idea ;)

Thomas :)

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

5. PnP

PnP Registered Member

Hi.. Thanks you so much for help... I resolve my problem but not with your solution only try to exclude LnS from NOD and now work perfect with fast boot and shutdown...

6. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Frederic,
    Your suggested tool perfectly does its job on my Win2K machine :)

Thanks a lot for this hint!

Thomas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.