Sound Issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LeafsMan, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeafsMan

LeafsMan Registered Member

Good morning. I am in need of some help. I have an Asus Ultrabook and I am trying to use a software called Jabber from Cisco. On all the other computers the sound works great. However when I am using this one specific computer I get no sounds at all unless I uninstall the sound drivers and reinstall them. If I shut the computer down again I have to go through the same steps to get it working again. I am almost thinking there is an issue with the Windows 7 software and maybe reinstalling it may fix the issue. HELP LOL

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Moved Thread to This Forum For More Exposure.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Start here. Good luck

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  4. LeafsMan

LeafsMan Registered Member

Thanks for the link siljaline's. I actually tried all the options they gave me. If I was to go and uninstall the driver for the sound card and reboot the computer the problem was fixed. As soon as I rebooted the computer again it would cause the sound to be gone again. I eventually had to reinstall Windows to the laptop and the issue has sense stopped. I am just wondering why it would do this as the original installation of Windows was only a couple months ago and the computer and the computer is hardly used as it is a work laptop to be signed out.

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You're most welcome for the link. It is unfortunate you were forced to do a complete Windows reinstallation due to an elusive issue.
    Generally, the folks at MS Answers are able to offer some sort of viable solution or suggestions depending on your situation.

Sound and video gremlins can be some of the hardest to troubleshoot.

You may also refer to MS FixIt for future solutions of this type and others.

6. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Hi LeafsMan. Glad to see you got it fixed. Out of curiosity, did Windows come already installed or did you install it? I ask because when I got my Toshiba laptop with Vista already installed, it had numerous issues from the get-go, even before I installed any new software. But later I did a full system restore and all of them mysteriously went away. Maybe whoever originally installed it messed something up or it didn't install properly would be my only guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.