Sound Card Problems.....Grr

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Troubadour, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troubadour

Troubadour Registered Member

I have a Dell Dimension 4700 that experienced a hard drive crash. The original OS was Windows XP Home which I upgraded to XP PRO when the new hard drive was installed. According to Belarc, my machine has a SoundMax Integrated Audio device on the motherboard which was working fine prior to the crash, now, of course it doesn't work. Other resources suggest that I obtain new drivers for this device, but the ones that I'm able to locate are for older OS. In addition the MS System Information appears to know nothing about the sound device as it doesn't even appear in the generated reports.

Is this a common problem when upgrading the OS, or have I stumbled across a unique situation? Please advise.

2. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Troubadour,

Have you looked for the driver at Dell tech. support?

Good Luck
    Rico

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

have you got a cd with motherboard drivers on it?
    with my old dell i got cd's for everything including the motherboard driver cd.
    check throught all the cd's you got if theres a motherboard driver cd tyr that since its bound to have them.
    unless you already tryed that.
    lodore

4. Troubadour

Troubadour Registered Member

Thanks guys for you quick responses. Based on your respective directions, I was finally able to secure a driver from Dell.com that once downloaded and installed, resolved my problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.