Sound Card / Driver Problem & Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Oneothora, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oneothora

Oneothora Registered Member

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right section for this question.. uh but.. If it's not, could I be redirected to the right place or something? Ha, sorry, this forum is so big I'm never sure.

But anyway, my Sound Card kept squeaking on me while playing MP3s and so I got the tech to change it. I get the comp back, and it STILL squeaks and screeches. :'( Feel my pain? Such a music lover right here.

It's not my speakers, and it's not because it's up too loud in the settings.

So I was wondering if I got a new Driver for it, would that help?

Thanks!

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi, what drivers, speakers, mobo are you using? what kind of soundcard?

I had the same issues with my creative soundblaster ... new driver update fixed it.

3. Oneothora

Not quite sure. But I can check if it's really needed.

Yes, that's the one I'm using! :blink: Creative Sound Blaster PCI128. Where did you get the new driver update?

Thank you so much!

PS: I'm using Windows XP Professional, custom made comp. All I know from my speakers is they were expensive and are like surround sound with two smaller ones and a big one for bass. As for Sound card... uhh, doesn't it say somewhere on the comp what it is?

4. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi oneothora

I have no idea what your problem is but to find the name of your card.

open Control Panel .. double click the System icon and the system properties box will open .. click on Hardware .. click on Device Manager .. expand the sound box and the name of your sound card should be there.

5. MerleOne

MerleOne Registered Member

Did you by chance installed a software like Total Recorder. Under some circumstances, this can mess up the sound of your soundcard. You can undo this be reverting to the default audio.

6. JRosenfeld

JRosenfeld Registered Member

7. Oneothora

Thanks!

However, I tried those just now and still no change. :doubt: It squeeks and then screeches when I'm browsing or opening a program. However if I stay put and do nothing, it seems fine with exeptions of little squeaks every now and then.

As for the Recorder program, No I haven't installed that on my Computer.

I was wondering if I just installed a Driver of Sound Blaster PCI 512 if that would do the trick. Or does the number stand for higher running requirements or something when I originally had 128?

Thanks you guys! :-*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.