Soulseek

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by tristantzara, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tristantzara

tristantzara Registered Member

Hi everybody,

Thanks for this great forum, helped me a lot so far. I recently installed this nice firewall and it works very well. Passed most tests i ran and no drawbacks so far.
    However without the existing rules i got here i would not have been able to get this working like it does now, so thanks again for all the good support...

However, i was wondering if someone could help me with Soulseek. in the french forum i got the impression that most users don't have to set any rules or something, but when i run soulseek some downloads work, while others fail to initialize. I'm not good with creating those rules yet, so maybe someone can help me with that? What should i do to get soulseek running and to do so safely?

:)

Best regards and thanks

tristantzara

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi tristantzara,

Is there any specific alert in Look 'n' Stop logs when you get the problem with Soulseek ?
    I've checked the french forum also, one user reported to have created an ICMP rule to have Soulseek working fine, but this is a bit strange to me.

Frederic

3. tristantzara

Hi Frederic,

thank you for the answer.
    It seems to work now.
    In the log section i added the TCP allow rule for the soulseek port. However sometimes the files still fail to initialize. But maybe that has nothing to do with the firewall settings.
    Or maybe it has? I still get TCP blocks for the soulseek port even when running the program and downloading successfully. I'll attach an image...

Also is there something in the ruleset i can improve?

Thanks so much
    best regards

Attached Files:

4. tristantzara

As for the rulesetting (It's just the enhanced ruleset with Bitcomet and Tcp port allowance for soulseek):

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.