Sorry I can't use Capsa because...

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by Theo2010, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theo2010

Theo2010 Registered Member

I am currently testing several programs to analyze traffic to decide which one to buy it.
    Now I have in analyze Whireshark and Capsa. Capsa is superior to the analysis of traffic and especially of graphics facilities. :)
    But!!! :mad:
    Unlike Whireshark allowing through use of WinPcap utility to set network adapter in promiscuous mode so you can see all network traffic from all network computers, Capsa NOT allow "Capture packets in promiscuous mode" and therefore can not see traffic on all network cards. And I use Fortigate as firewall and NAT (DHACP server) so no firewall in LAN to set one port in mirroring to LAN.
    Is there, for the future, the intention to allow Capsa to "Capture packets in Promiscuous mode", or else it really does not help me with all regret for analyse and graphics capabilities?

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi Theo2010,

I think there much be some misunderstandings. Capsa of course capture packets by setting your NIC into promiscuous mode. You didn't see all traffic on your network because you didn't set up SPAN or port mirroring on your switch. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.