Sorry, conspiracy buffs, there’s no Windows “back door”

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Ed Bott

2. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

First thing that came to mind was the COFEE. How in the heck did this get translated in to back door tool. o_O

Then I read the article, yup!

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

How about a backdoor for the NSA?

4. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

No proof in that article.

5. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

This thread is exactly what lot of individuals are researching for, I refer to tagmeme.com/subhack

This subhack story does not let go a lot of people outthere and many are very concerned about. I explained that 048 dhlptx is a code also used by military and this hardcode or whatever is implemented in most windows files, this could be a essential part of a "potential conspiracy backdoor infector".
    0 4 8 is their system 0 0000 0000 1 1111 1111..and so on until 9 9999 9999.

Things like that:
    .>.>.>.?.?.?J?R?.?.?.?......d....0$0+0I0Q0V0[0a0l0t0z0.0.0.0.0.0.1.1.1.1$1E1Z1.1.1.1.1.1.2
    +2;2.2.2.2.2.2.2.2.2.2.3.3.3-383=3B3H3S3[3f3l3.3.3.3.3.3.3.4.4"4(434;4R4]4b4g4m4x4.4.4.4.5.5.5
    ^5c5i5.5.5.6[6f6l6.6.6.6.6.7.7.7.7.757@
    7E7J7P7[7c7n7t7.7.7.7@8F8K8.8.8.8%9j9r9w9|9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9.9
    .:.:.:.:.:U:p:x:.:.:.:.:.:.:K;S;X;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.<.<.<%<5<?<J<.<r=.=.>.?A?P?~?.?.?.?.?.?... ..H....0.0-020q0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1.161A1M1S1[1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.2-2E2k2.2.2.2.2.2.3.3.

You can pic up whatever file in windows you like, always the same, another example win32k.sys:
    s>.>.?. .......0.1.1.253.4.4M5Y9...0.......1.:.>...@......D9.9.P.......0.2M;...`......$8B8Q8.8.?...p..$....0.0.0.0.4.4.4.5.5.6.6f8i;.;....
    T....0.1.1.1*151@1K1V1a1l1w1.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.3f3.3.3.4D4o4.4.7Z9.;.;$=-=.=.=.=.=...........=.?3?B?p?..........:.:.:.;2;
    >:D;U;\;j;p;.;.;.;;.;.;.<4<<<s<{<.<.<.<.=V=^=y=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.>E>K>S>c>u>{>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.>.?.?.?2?>
    ?X?w?~?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?......

You will always find: 048 dhlptx, jp, du, pu, cu (like see you or c=u), ejoty, cz, ep, pep, dj, hpv, agl, bk, dk, fu, cn, ek, eq, hu, gnu, pg, dkry

But the most crazy thing is in ole32.dll: DJ god spy gnu.

Ole32 is really interesting at the end:
    ==>F>M>c>z>(?E?`? (FM also Frequence Modulation, subhack is also called radio attack)
    >T>e>o>E;i;s;(=Ice):':U:d:p:, 5g5n5u5|5, <J<R<j<R=, this freak calls himself JR, also a known stalker.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  6. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,

SystemJunkie, sorry to be blunk but what you wrote is bullshit.

1. Military code for Windows? Most militaries use BSD or at the very least some form of Linux.

2. There are these magical things called Linux machines, live CDs, packet sniffers etc, all of which you can put in front of a suspected Windows machines and then listen to traffic, watch for all sorts of magical conspiracies.

None ever comes up. Simply because there's nothing magical about Windows or any other OS. No backdoors and similar nonsense. It sounds fun in movies like Swordfish, but when you think about it, computers are rather simple and unimaginative things.

The saddest thing of all - you use Windows tools to analyze Windows code. That's like trying to see the back of your head.

Mrk

7. SystemJunkie

vonic you don´t understand what I mean, military crypto is not os specific it is a technique nothing else you can use it on every os

maybe you did not read tagmeme.com, according to their statements these strings occur in linux too, to be secure on linux you would need selinux, linux isn´t secure by default as well as no other os, except windows is more widespread then any other system therefore it is target nr.1

8. Mrkvonic

Hello,

1. I run SELinux on some of my machines.

2. Linux is ok; the default configuration is secure enough. And so is Windows, if you know what you're doing.

3. These "strings" show up in Linux? Oh really. Show me where.

Mrk

9. Mrkvonic

Hello,

I just went through you article, SystemJunkie and here are my findings:

That directory is kind of part of the Dell restore - oh magic. Kind of like any restore utility packs the i386 directory. You'll find that on a BartPE CD - or any laptop with a hidden partition.

I seriously doubt the user is anywhere even moderately computer savvy, because instead of taking useless photos of the computer, he/she could have dumped the directory tree listing.

Linux was mentioned - a very unprofessional comment. Two machines came with Linux - as if Linux is one single OS thingie - which distro, version, architecture etc.

The user mentions installing software - well, what if this software was cracked or subverted ...? Not that I'm saying anything special happened. Just food for thought.

The line is the best:

DLLs were in some kind of embryonic state, extensions were clipped ...

YES, THOSE ARE COMPRESSED FILES, THAT COME WITHIN THE I386 FOLDER. AND WHEN YOU EXTRACT THEM, YOU GET THE EXTENSIONS PROPER. I HAVE DONE THIS A MILLION TIMES SLIPSTREAMING SP2 ON XP OR SP1 ON 2003 ETC.

EXAMPLE: SOMEFILE.SY_ AFTER EXTRACTING BECOMES SOMEFILE.SYS.

Conclusion:
    The user is clueless. Probably Dell restore partition. Etc.

See how simple things become?

Mrk

10. SystemJunkie

:D
    :D This side was done by a woman.:D But I found her ideas at least creative surrounded with a mystic story. :D Nobody explained so far in which process these strange strings/code/chars appear. Compiler junk? With delphi you do not get such results maybe with c, don´t know but probably because windows basic is c if I remember right.

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  11. Mrkvonic

Hello,

You still did not provide the Linux examples.

Now, I think you're confusing things. C, Delphi etc - they are all plain text. Once compiled, they become "garbage" when viewed in the text editor, simply because text editors cannot parse executables in a reasonable fashion.

Take any file and view it in a text editor and you're likely to see lots of junk.

Junk does not imply hacking.

The idea is creative but simply explained - and totally baseless. Like the logical bomb down the trapdoor. That's your hacking in Swordfish.

The ONLY movie to truly genuinely portray hacking is the Matrix - where Trinity nmaps a remote machine.

Radio Frequency? I'll play along. Assuming that's possible. What exactly is going to receive those frequencies? I don't recall seeing any antennae attached to my GPU or DVD-ROM.

I don't even want to begin with the plausibility of this, especially considering how network packets are built and how they work. Unless you plan to tell me that direct kernel calls are sent through the air. That would be a novel way or running computers.

The simple truth is the fact the user has no clue, got the restore folder unburied on his/her machine and started a photo shoot session over nothing.

Seeking strings in text-viewed executables is crazy. For example, if you take the last few sentences I've written you can compile a few sinister words:

dhlptx is there too. Now replace every e with ? and every a with . and you got some hacking code all right.

S??king strings in t?xt-vie?w?d ?x?cut.bl?s is cr.zy. For ?x.mpl?, if you t.k? th? l.st f?w s?nt?nc?s I'v? writt?n you c.n compil? . f?w sinist?r words.

Mrk

12. SystemJunkie

Interesting, I never checked that.

Crazy, you can define many things as crazy you could also call it para-normal or unusual whatever.

You don´t need antennae to catch frequencies you may enforce signals by this way.
    I guess there are lots of people who use wireless internet transmissions via satellite, it is also difficult to imagine that data is sent through air and transformed in files on your computer. Listening Radio is the same, invisible waves, the whole planet is like a big radio field, everything is just on another frequency. If you tune in the adequate frequency you will find the adequate signal, whatever you are searching for.

For example I found once on a computer a 20010212140000i.fit file that came from nowhere it had following contents and things written in IDL, texts like:

TELESCOP= 'Bleien Radio'
    ORIGIN ETH Zurich
    INSTRUME= 'Phoenix'
    time observation starts 2001
    date obersvation end...and so on

Looked like astronomic observations or tests with radiotelescopes and frequencies...crazy. The strongest emitters are radiotelescopes up to 12 Ghz they may virtually send and receive on all kind of levels.

13. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Fancy technobabble 1, facts 0. We've got a clear winner here folks.

14. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

15. SystemJunkie

@solcroft before you argue you should explain us about this .fit file, I made a reboot and changed nothing and suddenly this .fit file came from nowhere excactly the same with another file: C:\X.

:D :D :D I don´t claim to have paranormal abilities, ask UG.

16. Mrkvonic

Hello,
    The fact you can't account for every file on the machine manually does not make this into a hackfest. And considering the fact you say you're a programmer, this really gets me thinking.
    Mrk

17. SystemJunkie

18. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

IIRC, most wireless keyboards use lame encryption, so this isn't news.

19. controler

controler Guest

For good reading go to your good friend Goggle and type in NSA Mind Control,
    NSA Signals or other combinations and then go to the NSA site to Master the Mysteries and Mental Challenges by applying for a job in CRYPTANALYSIS
    http://www.nsa.gov/CAREERS/careers_8.cfm, then come back and tell us the secrets :cool:

Oh and I thought I should through in the link to NSA's info on Citizens Against Unidentified Flying Objects Secrecy v. NSA (Civil Action No. 80-1562), 2.00 Mb (PDF Format 3.0)
    It is an article in which the NSA warned againt a Pearl Harbor like attack from Space Aliens.

Found here http://www.nsa.gov/ufo/

All good stuff
    con

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  20. SystemJunkie

Hehe, nice. NSA is a little bit spooky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.