Sophos Home Updated. Need Your Feedback!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Alex_Sophos, May 23, 2016.

1. Alex_Sophos

Alex_Sophos Registered Member

Hello everyone! Sophos Home has been getting some new upgrades based on feedback we’ve been getting on Wilders and the Sophos Home community. Here’s the latest list of upgrades that came out in late April:

· A “Lightbox” to announce new features
    · Improvements to installation reliability
    · You can change the names of computers, and correct your own name
    · A full disk scan will now respect exclusions on Macs
    · Color palette improvements for people with impaired vision
    · Updated help system
    · Improvements to the user interface and registration experience

We’d love feedback from everyone. Download Sophos Home here if you haven’t tried it. If you’re currently using Sophos Home, make sure it’s updated to the most recent version. Put it through its paces and let us know what you think, good and bad. I’ll be sure to pass on everything to our engineering team working on Sophos Home.
    SophosHomeW8-120515.png

2. x ZauX x

x ZauX x Registered Member

Is there a restore option yet? I remember it deleted everything it found without a restore option.

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Very good question. Why not have

Settings

Default Action after Scan Completion Detection
    Always Ask - Delete/Quarantine/Ignore
    Always - Delete/Quarantine/Ignore

4. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

I want to see the console have more policy options for clients.

5. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

yup, me too

6. solitarios

solitarios Registered Member

Web protection never worked for me. I had a lot of blocked categories and you could get into all the pages without any problem. Not even the page of Sophos test passed.

7. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

It made my computer so slow, i don't know what causing this but with any other AV i don't have this slowdown ....

8. Alex_Sophos

As of right now, there isn't a restore option or quarantine. The engineers are definitely aware of the demand for this option. I'll continue to let them know.

9. solitarios

solitarios Registered Member

The Web filter doesn't work. I have installed the MBAE and SEP Firewall. Attached images.
    Best regards.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the main thing that I want is a quarantine. I feel this GUI is a bit to basic and an advanced mode would be nice which looks more like the business product. this could be enabled per device using the web console. patch management would be brilliant. email notifications would be a bonus to notify me if a pc hasn't updated in x days.

11. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Any updates in the meantime?

What I don't like:

- online management console
    - browsing slowdowns
    - autodelete without quarantine
    - no download without registration
    - warning from the windows security center while sophos is updating

Please fix it Sophos. :)

12. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Still no clarification from Sophos team how and why Hitman and Sophos work unicly good together. Alexo_O? Several months since i posted the question.

13. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Still no updates? Is this the next abandonware? o_O

14. Alex_Sophos

Sorry that we don't have clarification yet. The product team has been incredibly busy (more busy than I've ever seen them) over the past few months so I haven't received any good documentation on the how and why. I can bring this up again next week when I meet with them.

15. Alex_Sophos

Definitely not! :) I have actually brought up all of your concerns with the product team. There have been updates sent out to correct the browsing slow downs, but if you're still having them, I can get you in touch with the engineers through the Sophos community. This past week they asked to let them know if anyone was still experiencing slow downs after the updates.

In regards to your other suggestions, I'll try and be much better at updating the community when those are modified/changed. I'll also talk with our production team about the possibility of Wilder's users beta testing newer versions of Sophos Home as well.

I'm sorry for not keeping in better touch these past few months. Stay tuned for updates.

16. Alex_Sophos

I talked with the product team about fixes and new features today, going through the comments on this forum. I can say that we have a new UI in beta that will be pushed out in about a months time. New feature beta to come later this fall. It's looking like we will be able to offer beta testing to the Wilder's community later this year.

@Impet, they are aware of your concerns (and everyone else's) and they are in various stages of consideration or fixing. When updates hit beta, I can disclose it to the group.

17. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Using Sophos Home 1.0.5 on an HP 355 G2 with 8G RAM. Win 10, anniversary update. No slowdowns of any kind here. I've had Sophos on this computer since I heard about the Home version and I'm loving it. My only other extras are Comodo firewall and Voodooshield. Everything working together nicely. I wish I had suggestions for improvement, but can't think of a single one.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  18. faircot

faircot Registered Member

I second this. In addition, I'm amazed that it's not possible to delete from the user console the records of websites the prog has flagged up as 'unsafe'. I can imagine situations where this could be embarrassing or potentially unsafe.

19. pbeg7

pbeg7 Registered Member

This. And a way to manage quarantine through the client, add exclusions etc.

20. anon

anon Registered Member

21. Alex_Sophos

22. anon

anon Registered Member

23. Alex_Sophos

I'm happy to let everyone know that a quarantine/restore/"ask before you delete" function is in the works for Sophos Home. Confirmed it with the product team today. Still a few months out. Thanks for everyone's feedback on that.

24. Unbelievable and incredible stupid false positive. I have to do a lot of cold calling next week and will contact local support for fun and will check whether they provide support. Keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  25. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

Just come back to Sophos and happy to report that the slow browsing I experienced earlier in the year have gone. Running superfast on my modern W10 system alongside Hitman Pro Alert, great job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.