Sophos ESC - Antimalware/Antivirus like the old days?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mayahana, Mar 7, 2015.

1. 142395

142395 Guest

Thanks, as you say I prefer piling up different solution in different level.
    But having HIPS is good esp in these days.
    As coolcfan said, HIPS is endpoint security feature, and this thread it not about Sophos UTM.

2. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Yuki I elected to go with Trend on the primary endpoint for strong layered security. Trend has a remarkably good URL inspection as you know, and good suspicious blocking. No sense having the same engine done twice I think. Also I got Trend 2015 for 5 machines for $19, couldn't beat that deal!

Now I am super confident in my protections. Sophos UTM 9.3 (Layer :cool: w/Sophos+Avira+URL, then Trend 2015 on Endpoints. Giving me 3 different AV engine to scan each file, and 2 different URL filtration databases, not to mention IPS and other technologies.

3. 142395

142395 Guest

Agreed, but did you switch to Trend from Norton?
    What happened to Norton?

4. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I have both, and like them both the same. So there is an internal conflict in my mind about which to use. :eek:

5. 142395

142395 Guest

Okay, I got it!;)

6. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Is there any way i can install Sophos UTM on my Windows 7 Laptop or i need an extra Server for it?

7. MikeMT

MikeMT Registered Member

You require a separate server with two NIC's (Wan & Internal) IE:- Internet -> Modem-> UTM -> Switch -> Internal Network

8. When you don't have an old PC laying around with a double NIC, consider hitmanpro in the router (see sitecom website). Besides the spare/old PC you also need to improve the other hardware parts of your infrastructure. Just google the price of Mayahana's network components and do the math (professional UTM setup versus 6 year license costs of HMP in the router plus new router).

9. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Thank you both. Just read and looked abit around. Sophos UTM seems to be amazing. maybe i set it up in the near future.

10. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

Is sophos free for individuals. I am looking at sophos cloud. There is no mention of price.

UPDATE: I installed sophos Cloud client on a PC. I can notice some drag on system.

Cant even get lastpass to work. chrome hangs sometimes.
    Tried to download laspass plugin from store but it wont just download. Getting irritated.

UPDATE 2: My problem keeps increasing.

Right click and image on chrome to save. The dialogue box comes after minute ( specifying where to save).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  11. Russ64

Russ64 Registered Member

Wrong thread - you should start a new thread to get any responses for Sophos Cloud.

Endpoint Security Control (ESC) is part of the Sophos UTM product.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.