Sophos AV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Why do they not make a home user version.

2. Rules

Rules Registered Member

So, if you want you can use a home version of sophos security suite, just create a account on main page and select home user version.

i try this suite on my vista, very good protect but slow down my PC.

Rules.

3. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Home-users isn't the main sector they're concentrating on though, probably because of their buisnessplan

Home users require more per user - advertising, support for each user
    Big corporate sales is where the money is - less support costs per user... and when you make one corporate sale, you make thousands of pounds (or hundreds). When you make a sale to home users, you get a meer £30 (lets say for an example)

Correction... a meer £30 (for example), less, costs for payment system, resellers markup etc

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  4. TDev

TDev Registered Member

Hello,

I owned a Sophos home-user license some months ago and found their tech support to be very responsive . . . even though I only represented one single-user license fee. Installation proved to be my biggest hurdle, and tech support got me over that fairly swiftly. I have since moved on to a different set of security options, but my overall experience with Sophos was good.

Regards,
    Jim

5. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I recently cleaned a heavily infected laptop "protected" by an up to date (corporate) Sophos. It only sprang into life once I'd put in my USB stick with virus cleaning tools. It zapped most of my tools including combofix & smitfraudfix, even a GFI Web Monitor exe that I had. That experience backed up my previous impressions of Sophos being subject to quite bad FP-itus. :doubt:

6. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Indeed, applications that are not commonly found in enterprises have a high FP ratio with Sophos. It's directly related to them focusing solely on the enterprise market.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.