Sometimes upon Bootup FD-ISR places

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Houley456, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

a red X on the system tray....then after re-bootup all is ok....anyone seen this?

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

The X on the FD-ISR.ico is there while the app is initializing

3. Houley456

Houley456 Registered Member

The red X just stays a X untill re-boot and upon the re-boot it turns to the normal yellow-green circle.....

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It just means for some reason the monitor service didn't start. Something may have blocked it on startup. Re booting cures the problem.

5. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I think this is some sort of issue with the XP taskbar notification area, I had this in one of my snapshots where there would always be a X on the FD-ISR icon. Task manager shoed the ISR process to be running and launch of FD showed that the program was active. I fixed / solved the problem with the Taskbar Repai Tool from Kelly's Korner. XP has a known issue with the notification area which often causes icons not to display.

6. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

I have this problem too.Red X but first defense is active. I checked that kelly's corner page but can't figure out what it is that I have to do to get rid of it using his tool.:rolleyes:

What do I have to do ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.