Something strange happened.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I hope this is the right forum to post what follows.

I use my computer always (90% of the time) in shadow mode (virtual mode, with ShadowUser). More often than not I leave it running on stand-by, as I can quickly recover my session instantly.

The other day I left it on stand-by for several hours, and when I recovered my session the date was July 2003, Nod32 appeared outdated from the MS security centre. I had to manually reset the date in the BIOS and it's okay now. I'd like to add that before manually resetting the date, I tried to recover an earlier image but to no avail.

Anyone for an explanation? Thanks

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'd guess what just happened to me. A new mobo battery is needed.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Thanks zapjb, good thinking. Is that also the case for a laptop? And where would i find the battery in a laptop? Is it something that can be done by users? I know where the battery is in a desktop computer.

One more thing: my laptop is 2 years old. Isn't that too early for the battery to go flat?

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I was thinking desktop only.

Don't know about laptop battery.

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

The battery you will find is underneath your laptop in an Oblong Compartment :blink:

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: There was a report regarding to KAV. Its antivirus protection can be turned off by malware that utilizes this method: by changing machine's date to that earlier than KAV's lic date. But this is a relatively new technique which may not apply to your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.