Something positively (a pun as you'll learn) strange just occurred!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So this singular Windows Security Update (KB2993651) for x64 W7 notification just came through. I downloaded it and installed it. This pc that I built is fast. It has a SSD and 8 gigs of memory. I pay for 15 mbps but never test less that 16.67 or higher any place. Both Cyberfox and Firefox always score 1450-1500 at SpeedBattle. After the update I test everything again, as I notice this amazing performance increase, and download speed and SB scores are the same, however, it's rendering pages (sites) like I've never experienced before. I mean the pages just explode instantly. I've never been one of these, "it seems much faster persons" but I'm telling you this is so noticeable it's scary. Anyone have any theories as to how a security update could possibly speed your pc up?
    Bye the way, a girl at a party, like 45 years ago (yeh, I'm an ole guy) told me a pun is "the lowest form of humor!"

2. guest

guest Guest

Made no sense lol. Perhaps the new update disabled a few internet connections and/or processes of other services and making the system to be more efficient. Aside of that, it might be a pseudo experience that feels so real, but it's actually only a strong suggestion told by your brain subconsciously.

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

If you have system image backup that was taken before updating, you can try to restore it and do the tests again. First test before updating then after. If you get similar results then you might have something.

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Both good points!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.