Something interesting i just found out.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by farmerlee, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I was just checking out the latest fd-isr build from horizondatasys. I installed it in a clean xp installation and then thought i'd try importing an old snapshot i made with an older version of fd-isr from raxco. I booted to the old snapshot and then to my surprise as windows was finishing loading up, fd-isr auto updated itself to the latest hds build. It appears i now have the full version of hds's fd-isr lol! What a surprise!

2. Chamlin

Chamlin Registered Member

What build did you have, and what build do you have now?

3. farmerlee

The snapshot i restored was made with build 202 using fd-isr from raxco. I imported that using a trial version of build 205 from horizondatasys. After booting to the imported snapshot i now have the full version of build 205 from HDS.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Shhhh :cautious:

5. farmerlee

I've played around with this some more and found out that it does the same for bootback and peer-isr. I guess if anyone ever loses their activation all they need is a snapshot and a trial version and they're good to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.