Something in my mind about AVs/AMs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Abdallah, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Abdallah

Abdallah Registered Member

First , I am using AVs/AMs , thats to be clear that I am not against using it,

So , the point is , many AVs/AMs today include some kind of protection other than the traditional signature based protection , thats nice , but .. this is my own experiance ..

Lets start with the last one, when I was helping someone close to me doing some kind of university project , and one of its elements was to try to make a tool/technique to hack social media accounts, I was very nervous as I didn't try to do that before and I thought it will be very hard to do.

But when I finished I realized that it was very simple process , I used some "clean" and "innocent" tricks , I used also some kind of portable widely used utilities , pack it with my package , let it all communicate in a way that even FWs will not detect it ( using the browser on user request! .. without exploiting or injecting anything ) , and thats it !

I managed to make ( for demonstration ) some kind of social account hacking tool in away that even a top scored AV , and some other security tools ( a FW , a Keystoke encryption tool , a Sandbox ) did not detect or stop its functions ..

And in the past , I remember I made ( for fun ) a testing tool that managed to work and function in a very popular AV/AM lab but they didn't detect it and said that it is not harmful or something like that !!

I am not talking about hard tricks to fool and bypass AVs/AMs , I used very simple and straight forward techniques , and it worked !

So , the thing I want to say here , is AVs/AMs ( and maybe others ) focusing on hard/professional hacking tricks/techniques and leave the simple/straight-forward ways opened and not secured ?

Abdullah

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.