Something in GSS is blocking logoff scripts

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by meargh, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meargh

meargh Guest

I have a CMD script I run at each logoff. This is done by going into Group Policy and double clicking the Logoff entry under User Configuration | Windows Settings | Scripts (Logon/Logoff).

The actual script I run is C:\WINDOWS\system32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logoff\logoff.cmd.

This setup has worked fine for me for months. However, since installing GSS the other day, I see the following error in Event Viewer whenever I reboot:

I assume that something in GSS, probably AppDefend, is blocking whatever process kicks off the CMD script. The problem is that, without a log being saved to disk, I have no idea what's really going on.

Before I spend hours figuring out exactly what, can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2005
  2. meargh

meargh Guest

Ignore this for now... I'm going to try figuring it out.

Would be nice if the Wilders admins would re-enable my real account so that I could edit posts and so on.

3. meargh

meargh Guest

I think I've got it solved. I added C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe and gave it permission to Start Applications. I've rebooted once, and no error appeared in Event Viewer.

I wish this had been a default setting.

4. meargh

meargh Guest

Yes, sometimes I post first, and think afterward. Sorry. And it only took a minute to figure out. Well at least there's a reference here for anyone else who needs it...

But I still wish they'd re-enable my forum account.

5. meargh

meargh Guest

BTW, Jason, if you would like a reference (to justify giving userinit.exe permission to launch applications by default), here is where I got my info:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...Ref/0c714f15-0405-42d8-ae24-7280211635eb.mspx

Which of course means that userinit.exe needs to be able to launch cmd.exe.

6. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Thanks meargh,

I will update the default ruleset to reflect this. :)

7. meargh

meargh Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.