someone i know considering ess VERY basic user though

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zfactor, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

how well does the ess firewall do in auto mode compared to interactive. she will have no idea what to answer when she see's pop ups. so i would for sure have to use it in auto mode not asking her anything or she will most def mess something up and not access something or the internet etc. so how is it in auto mode and what exactly does it allow or deny on its own and is it something that should not be done for her?? i dont have enough experience with it to know for sure. thank you

also will updates for major version changes i.e. v4 to v5 be free or will there be a charge? she is planning on buying it from newegg. so will this qualify for renewal pricing next time around or will she need a whole new version to start with? in other words can she buy at renewal pricing after buying from newegg or only if direct from eset or a place like better antivirus? thanks

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello zfactor,

1.) The default recommended use for the ESET Smart Security firewall is Automatic mode. If she runs into any issues (i.e. unable to connect to a network printer, scanner, or another PC), the learning mode feature allows the product to pick up and allow your daily functions.

2.) Upgrading from a previous version to the latest version is free.

3.) She can use the username and password from her license to renew with us when the time comes. I would recommend calling our sales department for more information.

Toll Free. +1 (866) 343-ESET [3738]
    Tel. +1 (619) 876-5400

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.