Someone hacked my mail!! (HELP, ASAP)

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Mary_Fr, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mary_Fr

Mary_Fr Registered Member

Hey!!!
    Someone hacked my mail. I think he/she answered my hotmail secret question. After answering it, they changed the password, accessed to PERSONAL AND VERY IMPORTANT information, and to other sites that contain security settings (such as other passwords). They closed my hotmail account and other importat accounts. Thanks God, I was able to reaccess my hotmail account because they did not change the secret question, but I lost a lot of information, messenger contacts and other important stuff. Someone told me there is a way to know who did this by knowing the "physical addresses" (or something like that: IP addresses) that entered to my account that specific day. Is this possible? or is there another way to know who did this? :mad:
    This is very serious, please help me as soon as possible :thumb:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Mary_Fr

Welcome to Wilders.

First thing I would do in this case, is use the Hotmail support page, follow directions there, and see if they can get you squared away.
    I personally would change my password and any other info required to use Hotmail.

Hotmail support link

Edit: Does anyone have access to your computer besides yourself? What security programs do you use? Are you on dialup or broadband? What is your operating system?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.