Some things Wrong With SuperAntiSpyware

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sooflymami, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

it detected Disabled.SecurityCenterOption and heres also a site that talks about it http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3832-registry-items-disabled-security-options/

i heard that was a FP. And also, i had to stop the scan since I heard that was a FP. And after that, I tried to close SAS program by clicking "x" button and right click, exit. but neither of them worked. I tried control alt delete and the end task popped up and it also told me "Program cannot be closed because of the lock system." Why was this happening? Now I'm afraid to use this program.

I'm not 100% sure if they were false positives or not though. I'm also thinking of uninstalling this program because I don't want the same problem to happen again..I'm afraid if this will happen again.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

She asked me if it has to do anything with the yellow shield appearing. She is wondering because the yellow shield hasn't appeared.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Well if it was reported on SAS forum, then probably it was FP. You can also upload that file to VirusTotal to see if it was really an infected file or not. Don't be scared, i am sure it was a fp, although i was unable to see that link because of non-registered member ..

4. AvinashR

Well he was asking for help from us, so it is useless to write these kind of lines. Do you think it helped him?

5. sooflymami

I'm afraid to scan again in order to upload it to virustotal because when I used SAS, it didn't even let me exit the program after the scan. It just took me to the main section and it didn't let me exit the program at all and had that message that I posted earlier. I dont know if it's a FP anymore because that post was posted on July.

6. sooflymami

What do you mean by that?

7. AvinashR

Sorry to confuse you, i am not saying this to you... :)

8. AvinashR

Well don't be afraid. Just upload it and see what was it.. If you want i can take your system on remote and will look into the matter on behalf of you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.