Some suggestion for my One GB RAM

Discussion in 'hardware' started by yongsua, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

Hi,may someone give me some suggestions?I like to play Facebook games but if I started to play,it will overkill my RAM.Moreover,I am using Intel Atom,which is a poor processor.Besides,I have ESET version 5 with me,their products are now using more RAM usage than the version 4.

2. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

What kind of suggestions?

Intel Atom isn't really for gaming, atleast if not complemented by NVidia ION -graphics chip. You can't change that. I'm also using a netbook at the moment (Asus EEE PC 1015PN), but I don't even try to play anything.

One way to make the computer more "snappier" would be to install more RAM. I guess you are using a netbook, so depending on the system, only way to up the RAM would be by buying a 2 GB RAM and install it. Whether it is DDR2 or DDR3 depends on your system.

And I would advice you to not use realtime scanners on netbook. It's just the fact that your computer will be already slow, and scanners make it even more slow.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you don't have enough RAM, I suspect your video card isn't big enough for games either. My 2004 DELL came with 1GB RAM and the video card was 128MB. I had to get a 512MB card.:)

4. yongsua

Thanks but I quite don't feel any slow down with ESET.I am using DDR2 and I will upgrade my RAM later.Thanks for the reply.

5. yongsua

So if my video card's memory is 256MB,am I enough to play games?

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

More RAM is needed first, especially if using Vista.

7. yongsua

Nope,I am not using W& instead of Vista but more RAM is still needed.:D
    Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.