some shots from jotty.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by clansman77, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

i got these two malware after a casual browsing to not too risky sites.i got it from my browser cache . i double checked them at jottys malware scan and the results arent so surprising . i think these two are "in the wild " two new malware .. kav was able to pick them both 4 days ago when i first checked.dr web also didnt perform that bad it picked only one 4 days ago and it was able to pick both today..imho these two softwares from russia are doing great.look at mksvir- it was able to pick only one 4 days ago. now it picks both today..the speed with which kav is churning out defenition updates is unbelievable when compared to some other av's..kudos to kav , dr web , and mksvir..
    :)

Attached Files:

2. clansman77

clansman77 Registered Member

another malware .

Attached Files:

3. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

Look at the scantimes on MKS/Arcavir.. 0.22 as opposed to 2.54 for Kaspersky.. Thats amazing.

Doesn't suprise me that Arcavir picks these up. The folks over at Arca seem to be right on the ball between the US and Polish branches. Plus, those Heuristics in Arca are pretty top notch. Theres quite a few devoted hardcore AV home-pro's keeping Arca supplied with the newest baddies from what I hear as well. (To the tune of 500ish new threats a day I remember reading)

Anyone know how many sigs Arca has? I've heard anywhere from 100,000 all the way up to 160,000+... Have they made any official declaration of them?

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.