some questions about sbie!

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ams963, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You'll need to enter a bogus process name. *.exe should work; or some other name like noprocessallowed.exe. Make it strange enough...

But yes, it would be great to be able to block all programs, without having to specify bogus process names.

Something that I noticed is that, if you use this approach, while still forcing a real process name to start under the sandbox, is that Sandboxie won't automatically clean the sandbox. I have to do it manually. It's a bit awkward to be like this.

For instance, I'm forcing Adobe Reader to start under a dedicated sandbox, but I only allow acrord32_block.exe to start, so that Adobe Reader fails to run. But, Sandboxie won't automatically delete the contents of the sandbox. I wish this behavior could change.

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Side-effect ay? Well then I better not use that approach and leave it as it is.

Is there any way to raise this issue of adding the option 'Block all programs' in start/run access directly to Tzuk? I don't think he reads emails sent to him.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I purchased SBIE in December of 2010, so it's been well over a year.
    I would have sworn it wasn't there, except I just checked a thread from 14 months ago with a screenie I uploaded and that feature is prominently displayed... so I guess I'm asleep at the wheel. :(

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

You could try his forum... But, I believe he's not allowing new features requests; not until he finishes implementing some older requests...

You may try your luck, though. Do tell us how it went... :D

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Okay I'll try.

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Um....that did not go well! When I tried to open a new topic in the Feature Request sub-forum the page says, 'Sorry, but only administrators can post topics in this forum.'

I'll to send an email to him.

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Aww?........In the 'Contact Author' webpage at sandboxie.com it says, 'For technical questions, feature requests, and suggestions, please use the forum and please do not send an email. Email is not a useful channel for long and ongoing technical conversations. Problem reports sent by email will be met with a request to use the forum. Having said that, if you feel your problem report on the forum is not getting enough attention, you may send a reminder email, but please do not include techincal details.'

I guess there is no way to get that option any time soon.

8. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Adding "nosbiectrl" in Start/Run restrictions of your forced USB sandbox and removing everything else, keeps any program from running in it.

Bo

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  9. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

If you use nosbiectrl, the sandbox deletes automatically, when a program fails to run.

Bo

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

:thumb:

bo knows II.jpg

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Okay I've added nosbiectrl to start/run restrictions. Thank you very much my good friend :thumb:

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

That's great. Now I'm all done tightening up sbie. I can get some peace now ;)

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.