some questions about nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lodore, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, I got a few questions

1. since nod32 doesnt scan emails in outlookexpress should I use outlook instead since I have office xp (this is if i got nod32)

2. for my emails i use Thunderbird can nod32 scan the emails in thunderbird?

btw the first question was asked because my dad uses outlook express for his emails and i use Thunderbird.

3. what will change from 2.5 to 2.7?

btw i hope 2.7 and 3.0 keep the matrix look :)
    thanks in advance
    lodore

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

IMON will scan emails in outlook express and thunderbird. if u use outlook, then EMON will do the email checking.

3. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Err... E-mail scanning does take place friend. I use Thunderbird and it scans all “inbound” e-mails and it catches a rather large amount of crap…

I think you may be making a reference to "Outbound" e-mail scanning. My understanding is that "Outbound" scanning of e-mail is only supported in Outlook but not outlook Express or Thunderbird.

This is only a major issue "If" you already have a virus infecting your pc and you don’t scan the disk or "If" you are forwarding messages that have not been previously scanned and caught by in "In bound" scanner.

I personally do not consider this a major issue since “the bulk of the threats are at large first and foremost trying to get in. NOD does a rather decent job at stopping it from happening.

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

If you use POP3 to retrieve your e-mail from your ISP (this is by far the most common type), IMON will scan it at the network level, before it ever reaches Outlook Express, Thunderbird, or any other e-mail program that uses POP3. That way, both you and your father will be covered.

Now, if you use some other type of e-mail (encrypted e-mail, IMAP4...), IMON will not scan that.

5. virkelie

virkelie Registered Member

Will this change in version 3?

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Nobody knows much about version 3 at all.

Cheers :D

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

1: No. It does scan outlook express mail.
    2: Yep.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thank you all for your replys. i have done some more testing on my old pc and i am really liking nod32 even more than i did last time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.