Some questions about marketshare.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Danniet, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danniet

Danniet Registered Member

Mar 6, 2008
    In my trial period of 1 months I became very enthusiastic about the virus scanner NOD32. Since most people become a bit evil nowadays the first thing tried is getting the software for free. Using newsgroups I caught NOD32 complete with fix. In my younger years I was incredibly good using cracked software, but for some reason all my effort end up in a disabled update function. Please read on, because I’m not going to ask to solve that problem. I already fixed it :p (in less then 10 minutes :p)
    With just 1 call to my preferred supplier I bought a 3-years license for my 2 computers. 5 eurocent p. computer/day is not that much ;-) Believe it or not, when I entered my brand new licenses everything works fine again. (Ta-da! Surprise surprise!)
    Now I ended up with some questions and I like to share opinions:
    - What do you all think about misusing or using illegally software.
    - Does it help getting a better market share
    - What do you think ESET (or other companies) prefer: a higher/better market share with only 50% paying customers or 100% paying customers with a lower market share?
    - What is the marketshare of NOD32 nowadays?
    - How active should ESET be in disrupting/fixing cracks/hacks in there software?
    - How active is ESET in solving those “fix until y2050” and free updating proxies on internet?
    - Do you think ESET knows about those (already found 1) free updating proxies supplying free update possibility and which supplies approx. 10 new passwords each day?
    I discovered a free updating proxy yesterday which claims to supply free updates everyday. So I could get NOD32 for free if I continued looking for a working fix/hack. I did not… and I don’t have a bad feeling about that at all. I love NOD32. I think its great and good programmers should be paid. Its worth every penny, and this was my contribution of 106 euro. :D
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Throughout the USA and Canada
    If I had stolen say a laptop from a shop-keeper, I don't think I could hold my head high and walk into their store and admit my theft, even if I had just bought another laptop for the proper price... something about me thinks that's wrong... yet software theft isn't considered the same... I am not sure why.
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think so.

Yes, they are aware of most . However , there may still be some unknown . If you want to help , send ESET information about it ->
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.