Some questions about marketshare.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Danniet, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danniet

Danniet Registered Member

In my trial period of 1 months I became very enthusiastic about the virus scanner NOD32. Since most people become a bit evil nowadays the first thing tried is getting the software for free. Using newsgroups I caught NOD32 complete with fix. In my younger years I was incredibly good using cracked software, but for some reason all my effort end up in a disabled update function. Please read on, because I’m not going to ask to solve that problem. I already fixed it :p (in less then 10 minutes :p)
    With just 1 call to my preferred supplier I bought a 3-years license for my 2 computers. 5 eurocent p. computer/day is not that much ;-) Believe it or not, when I entered my brand new licenses everything works fine again. (Ta-da! Surprise surprise!)
    Now I ended up with some questions and I like to share opinions:
    - What do you all think about misusing or using illegally software.
    - Does it help getting a better market share
    - What do you think ESET (or other companies) prefer: a higher/better market share with only 50% paying customers or 100% paying customers with a lower market share?
    - What is the marketshare of NOD32 nowadays?
    - How active should ESET be in disrupting/fixing cracks/hacks in there software?
    - How active is ESET in solving those “fix until y2050” and free updating proxies on internet?
    - Do you think ESET knows about those (already found 1) free updating proxies supplying free update possibility and which supplies approx. 10 new passwords each day?
    I discovered a free updating proxy yesterday which claims to supply free updates everyday. So I could get NOD32 for free if I continued looking for a working fix/hack. I did not… and I don’t have a bad feeling about that at all. I love NOD32. I think its great and good programmers should be paid. Its worth every penny, and this was my contribution of 106 euro. :D

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

If I had stolen say a laptop from a shop-keeper, I don't think I could hold my head high and walk into their store and admit my theft, even if I had just bought another laptop for the proper price... something about me thinks that's wrong... yet software theft isn't considered the same... I am not sure why.

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think so.

Yes, they are aware of most . However , there may still be some unknown . If you want to help , send ESET information about it -> support@eset.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.