Some questions about Firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rmus, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I've installed Firefox to check my web pages to see how they display in other browsers. A few questions.

1) I followed the instructions for configuring View_Source to open in an external HTML editor. The example given uses Notepad ++. Is that the only other external HTML editor I can use? I set the path to my editor, but it doesn't load.

2) In looking at Image_Properties, Firefox does not list the file size, nor does it display any EXIF information:

ff_img.jpg

In Opera, I do get this information:

ff_opera-img.jpg

Is there a way to configure the Properties box in Firefox to display more information?

3) I would like to customize the keyboard shortcuts, but don't find a key board.ini file, nor is there anything mentioned in the Help File about this.
    Is there a way to do this?

4) Firefox's View_Page Info isn't very useful:

ff_pageinfo.jpg

Is there a way to get it to display more information -- such as size, elements, etc -- as I get with Opera?

ff_opera-pageinfo.jpg

5) Whitelisting: I see how to configure Javascript, etc, globally, but haven't figured out how to do it per site. In Opera, you r-click bring up Site Preferences:

ff_opers-pref.jpg

thanks,

----
    rich

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I think that to handle JavaScript, etc in a per-site basis, you'd need to install an extension, such as NoScript. Same for cookies, but by using a different extension.
    I may be wrong, though. But, I don't think that Firefox's preferences (JavaScript, cookies whitelisting, etc) are that easy to handle without extensions.

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

-For cookies, its actually pretty easy. Options - Privacy - Exceptions.
    -For JavaScript, as m00nbl00d says, an extension is required. Either NoScript or YesScript.
    -Keyboard shortcuts
    From Mozilla help page
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/customizable-shortcuts/

For other functions that you are looking for, maybe you can look here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/collections/mozilla/webdeveloper/

Maybe you can try this? https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/view-dependencies/
    Yep, Firefox is all about extensions :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Thnks, m00nbl00d and skudo12.

----
    rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.