Some PG weird messages

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by ems, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ems

ems Registered Member

Hi,

After having installed SnoopFree (Anti KeyLoger) I got the following messages: o_O

a) "SnoopFreeUI.exe (UserInterface) is blocked from creating a Global Debug Hook". (After that I allowed it to create Hooks.)

Questions: :oops:
    1) what is a debug hook?
    2) Did I the rigth thing?
    3) If not how to undo it?

b) "SnoopFreeSVC.exe (Main program) is trying to modify a service called SnoopFreeSVC.exe"; so it is try to modify itself :'( . This message is repeated time and again but I have not done anything as I do not know what is going on.

Any help?

Ems.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi ems, Snoopfree uses a kernel mode hook like ProcessGuard so it is required to allow Driver/service intall - After you have applied the change you will probably need to reboot for snoopfree to work. If that fails put PG in learning mode, reinstall snoopfree, reboot and disable learning mode. :)

HTH Pilli

3. ems

ems Registered Member

Many thanks Pilli,

But what about the second question on "SnoopFreeSVC.exe trying to modify itself?

Since the message is being repeted each time I log in, I interpret the program needs that self-modification each time it is launched

Anything to do?

Ems

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Sorry ems, That is snoopfree's service SVC.exe = service hence my advice to allow service/driver install :) The self modification is quite normal.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.