Some people can be sick, sick, sick!!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by BeetleBoss, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeetleBoss

BeetleBoss She who posts lots of <I>Smileys</I>

This just makes my heartache............
    http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/index.html
    Friday, December 17, 2004 10:56 am CST
    Fetus Cut From Slain Woman's Body

UPDATED: The Nodaway County Sheriff's Department is on the lookout for a fetus that was removed from the body of a woman found dead Thursday.
    More Details
    Watch KMBC's Latest Report

Watch KMBC for the latest from Skidmore, Mo.

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

OH MY GOD!!! I just have no words to describe this... oh my god... :'(

3. BeetleBoss

breaks your heart!! doesn't it??
    1 week before Christmas!!
    Hug your kiddos and loved ones real tight!!
    :'( :'(
    (incase the link quits working)

Fetus Cut From Slain Woman's Body
    Police Seek 3 Persons Of Interest

POSTED: 6:34 am CST December 17, 2004
    UPDATED: 11:30 am CST December 17, 2004

SKIDMORE, Mo. -- Authorities looking for an infant cut from the womb of its mother expanded their search outside of Missouri on Friday as they maintained hope the baby might still be alive.

Video

Stinnett home in Skidmore, Mo.
    Video: Sheriff's News Conference
    Download RealPlayer
    The Nodaway County Sheriff's Department was investigating the killing Thursday of Bobbi Jo Stinnett, 23, and they were searching for the baby girl.

KMBC's Brenda Washington reported that investigators want to question three people. Sheriff Ben Espey identified them as two men and a woman. He said they are looking for a 1980s or 1990s red, 2-door hatchback, possibly a Honda. It was seen in the driveway of the Stinnett home around the time of the murder.

The sheriff issued an Amber Alert for the missing fetus. They also suggested that things to look for in the case included "bloody clothing or towels, possible health issues with the fetus and a freshly cut umbilical cord."

Stinnett was found strangled to death inside her home by her mother, Washington reported. Paramedics tried to revive Stinnett, but she was later pronounced dead at St. Francis Hospital in Maryville.

Espey said it appeared that Stinnett was apparently killed no more than an hour before she was found, and that she may have struggled with her killer. Espey said blond hair was found in Stinnett's hand.

Stinnett sold rat terriers. Apparently, someone was coming to look at a dog Thursday afternoon.

"At 2:30 p.m., the mother called her daughter to have her come and get her at work and there were also some people from Fairfax that were going to come and look at a dog, and that's what that conversation was going to end up being about. 'They're here, mom to look at this dog,'" Espey said at a news conference Friday.

Investigators at the scene of the crime in Skidmore, Mo.
    Investigators at the scene of the crime in Skidmore, Mo.

Stinnett's husband was at work when the murder happened and is not considered a suspect, Washington said.

Espey said FBI agents were helping to investigate the case. Espey said they are following up on one particular lead -- a woman out-of-state who came home with a baby that was not from a hospital. Espey would not identify the state. He said detectives were headed to that location.

Espey said they had also received a tip regarding the baby possibly being sold on the black market.

"I think that lead is possibly going to go up in smoke. The third party has mislead us. We're not going to pursue that as hard as we are two or three of the other (tips)," Espey.

Espey said he did not think investigators were being deliberately mislead by the tipster.

"I think people get too eager when the Amber Alert goes out, and make a phone call, and make themselves very convincing that 'I overhead a person say this and this is probably what happened,'" Espey said.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

5. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I noticed right below that story is a headline that reads:
    "Kansas High Court Rules Death Penalty Unconstitutional"

Maybe they shoud re-think their position when it comes to sicko's like that.

6. BeetleBoss

I didn't notice that. I agree!!!
    How ironic!! Huh?? :doubt:

7. BeetleBoss

here's the update.......
    http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/index.html

Police Find Baby; Await Tests To Confirm ID

UPDATED: The Nodaway County Sheriff's Department says they have found a baby. Is it the one removed from the body of a Skidmore, Mo., woman?
    More Details

Police Find Baby; Await Tests To Confirm ID
    Police Question 2 Individuals

POSTED: 6:34 am CST December 17, 2004
    UPDATED: 4:17 pm CST December 17, 2004

MARYVILLE, Mo. -- Authorities have found a healthy newborn girl in Kansas and think it could be the child of slain Bobbie Jo Stinnett.

Video

Watch Part Of 3 p.m. News Conference
    Download RealPlayer
    Nodaway County Sheriff Ben Espey (pictured, center) said authorities are awaiting DNA testing to confirm the girl is the child of Stinnett, 23, who was found slain in her northwest Missouri home Thursday afternoon by her own mother.

"It's about as good as we can get, people," Espey said.

He said the girl appears to be in good shape, and is being examined by pediatricians in a hospital.

At press conference earlier Friday, Espey said they were following up on one particular lead -- a woman from out-of-state who came home with a baby that was not from a hospital. At the time, Espey would not identify the state. But at the afternoon news conference, he said it was in Kansas.

Espey said that it was an anonymous tip that led investigators to the baby.

Missouri State Highway Patrol Sgt. Sheldon Lyon said authorities were questioning a man and a woman who were in the same place as where the baby was found. A red Honda hatchback matching a description offered earlier by police was in the driveway of the home.

Stinnett (picture, right) was found strangled inside her home on Thursday by her mother.

Espey said it appeared that Stinnett was apparently killed no more than an hour before she was found, and that she may have struggled with her killer. Espey said blond hair was found in Stinnett's hand.

Stinnett sold rat terriers. Apparently, someone was coming to look at a dog Thursday afternoon.

Stinnett's husband was at work when the murder happened and is not considered a suspect.

Links:
    #
    Zeb and Bobbie Jo Stinnett's Web site.

8. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:mad: O.K. once again the wildman is going to be blunt. What I would like to do to these type of scum, would have made the Spanish Inquisition look down right pleasant. Trouble with the death penalty is all the damn appeals and the time it takes. The one we just sentenced here in California will most likely be on death row a long time. I say it should be three appeals (automatically) and then bye scum. One that harms a child, is one the wildman wants to do very painful things to.

Thanks
    wildman
    ;) :p :ninja:

9. Sugabella

Sugabella Registered Member

Well i'm so glad they got her but they are still looking for the others . They now have a pic of the lady who tried to pass the baby as hers' sick lady. I live in kc and i think they need to kill her, for what she did that B%%#H
    I have kids of my own don't know what i would do. This make less trusting of people now .

10. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I was reading about this in our Sunday papers today......unbelievable part is that there have been several similarly brutal incidents....Cleveland...California...Alabama.....Chicago!!!
    What is the world coming to?

11. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Dad united with daughter
    Sunday, December 19, 2004 Posted: 2:56 AM EST (0756 GMT)

Lisa Montgomery, 36, was arrested Friday and charged with kidnapping resulting in death.

(CNN) -- Before Lisa Montgomery was arrested and charged with kidnapping resulting in death, she and her husband showed the abducted infant to people in their Kansas town, residents said Saturday.

The Montgomerys said they had named the baby Abigail, a local pastor, Mike Wheatley, told CNN. Montgomery told him she had given birth to the child at a Topeka birthing center.

Wheatley said he and others, including Montgomery's husband, Kevin, believed she was pregnant and due in December. Wheatley recounted that he once commented to Lisa Montgomery that she was "kind of small to be having a baby that soon. She said, 'I've always had small babies,' and I just let it go at that."

But police said the baby did not belong to Montgomery.

Now, the 36-year-old Melvern, Kansas, woman is in federal custody in Leavenworth, Kansas. If convicted, she could face a maximum of life in prison or the death penalty.

Arrested Friday, Montgomery allegedly confessed to strangling Bobbie Joe Stinnett at Stinnett's Skidmore, Missouri, home and cutting the fetus out of her womb, police said.

Authorities issued an Amber Alert for the baby, who was recovered Friday night at the same time Montgomery was arrested.

The baby was brought to a Topeka hospital, where she was united with her father and named Victoria Jo. She was in good condition Saturday at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit of Stormont-Vail Regional Medical Center, according to a hospital statement.

Zeb Stinnett -- who traveled from Missouri to see the baby, the Stinnetts' first child -- called his daughter "a miracle" and thanked family, friends, the Amber Alert and law enforcement for their support, according to the statement issued by the hospital.

Todd Graves, U.S. attorney for the western district of Missouri, told CNN anchor Carol Lin on Saturday his office had not decided whether to seek the death penalty.

"It's way too early to make that determination," he said. Although the crime was shocking, he continued, "ironically enough, for those of us in the criminal justice system, it isn't as unusual as you might think."

But his district has a history of seeking the death penalty, he said, and has gotten death sentences on the same charge Montgomery is facing twice in the past three years.

Community in shock
    Stinnett was found dead in a pool of blood in her home Thursday afternoon by her mother, who called 911 saying it looked "as though her daughter's stomach had exploded," according to an FBI affidavit filed in support of the charges. The sheriff said the crime was the most gruesome he had ever seen.

12. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

This is the most gruesome murder case that I've heard about in my entire life!

13. jade7

jade7 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.