Some partitions grayed out for restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by peterdomo, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterdomo

peterdomo Registered Member

I just imaged (with True Image 7) the 4 partitions on a new laptop. Everything seemed to go well, however, I tried to restore one of the partitions just to be sure everything was working properly. Two of the partitions are grayed out with the message they have already been restored (they haven't of course) or there is not enough room to do a restore. The two partitions in question are C and a hidden partition.

What am I missing here? There does not seem to be any useful information for this problem in the online manual.

Peter

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, peterdomo

Welcome to Wilders.

I am not sure what your question is?

If C: is your OS Partition then that can not be restored under Windows.

You should try the restoring test with the BootCD. [Make sure you make one if you have not already done so]

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Peter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that we are no longer able to provide technical support to customers who are using Acronis True Image 7.0 because we have released a new version and do not develop the old one anymore.

Acronis True Image 8.0 has several new features:

- Reduce your disk backup time and storage by excluding paging and hibernate
    files from the disk backup image;

- Manage your PC performance by changing the disk imaging process priority;

- Verify disk backup image before a restore;

- Check the file system after a restore;

- Wider range of hardware supported upon booting from the bootable rescue media;

More information on other features of Acronis True Image 8.0 can be found on Acronis web-site.

Please download and install the 15 days trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 and see if the problem still persists.

In case everything works fine with the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If the problem still persists with the trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 then please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem:

What exact partitions are you trying to restore?

Tell me if you are trying to restore these partitions from under Windows or when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD.

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.