Some Kind Of New IE Exploit or Just A Bug??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Atomic_Ed, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Everyone,

The past week I have been seeing something strange with a few of my clients on our network that are running XP Pro Sp2 and IE (latest patches), Whats happening is they are getting the typical "Error has occured" MS message for svchost generic process which offers to report it. When I look at the technical details of the error, it shows this:

Converted log to an attachment - Ron

Anyhow, to me it appears as if things are trying to be changed here but I can not tell whether it is malicious in nature or just and IE bug of some kind.

Anyone here with any info on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  2. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

This this probaly won't be of any immediate help, but NONE of my PCs have IE, Outlook, etc. Having had so d++ned much trouble with IE, I DELTREED not only IE but also any IE related folders, edited my registry, edited all importunate INIs which prevented Windows (OF ANY KIND) from loading, and went to other browsers and open-source Outlook alternatives.

It's just a thought which you may wish to consider.

Dave.

3. Atomic_Ed

I appreciate the comments, but unfortunatley in our business setup, we have no choice but to run IE. We are part of a large ORG and it is mandatory we use IE to access much of our business resources.

If this turns out to be just a bug I will feel a bit better about it but if it is a new exploit where security can be comprimised, well then it becomes something I would like to know as soon as possible. Just thought someone here may already have seen this one before. Looking around the net it seems the others with this issue really don't know what it is either which worries me.

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

5. Atomic_Ed

Thanks alot for the info and link. I loaded this on the problem machines and so far no more errors.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.