some help making some rules?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Nirvy, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvy

Nirvy Registered Member

Ok, just got LNS at the advice of a friend, and need some help understanding how to set it up.

For an example i play an online game Everquest. Below i will paste in the permissions it needs, if someone could explain how i would go about letting EQ2 access the below, i can then apply it to other games and apps.

Details :-

EverQuest II LaunchPad and Patch Servers
    A TCP connection is initiated from the LaunchPad client port > 1023 to patch.station.sony.com port 7000.
    A UDP connection is initiated from the LaunchPad client port > 1023 to sdlaunchpad1.station.sony.com and sdlaunchpad2.station.sony.com port range 3016-3021 and 9700-9703.

EverQuest II Patch:
    A TCP connection is initiated from the EverQuest II client port > 1023 to patch.everquest2.com, aberrpatch.everquest2.com, laerrpatch.everquest2.com, or amsrrpatch.everquest2.com at port 7010. Some of the above patchers resolve to multiple IP addresses, so if you have a strict outbound firewalling policy, be sure to check for all IP addresses using a DNS lookup tool.

EverQuest II Game Client:
    UDP connections are initiated from the EverQuest II client port >1023 to servers on UDP ports 9100, and UDP ports in the range 32800-33000.
    Additionally, ICMP messages type 0 (echo reply), 3 (unreachable), 8 (echo request) and 11 (expired) should be permitted bi-directionally between the client PC and the EverQuest II servers.

EverQuest II Servers Subnets:
    There are multiple IP addresses for the Patch and LaunchPad clusters, and they may change as the network demands, so check often using a DNS lookup tool if you provide a specific firewall rule for these services. The EverQuest II server IP addresses are currently in these subnets: 64.37.158.*, 199.108.11.*, 199.108.12.*, 199.108.13.*, 199.108.202.*, 199.108.203.*, 195.33.135.*

Also, do i need to give all apps i use access, such as Trillian, MSN, windows update, outlook etc?

Any links to tutroials would be cool, as i didnt seem to get a manual with it :p

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.