Some Help configuring to p2p

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Nightwalker, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Hi Folks i am trialing LnS and for me its perfect :p . Now i need some help configuring p2p aplications i use Utorrent , Emule and FrostWire what i have to do to have full conection with this programs? I am using the Enhanced Rules Set.

Btw If i buy now version 3 upgrade will be free? thanks and sorry for my poor english

More information i am on a adsl conection with bridge modem mode

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,
    Some P2P rules are available here:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#BitTorrent

But the best way is to look at the P2P settings of the programs you are using (and especially the connection/ports settings) and then you add the required rules for these ports (some generic rules to open incoming ports/server mode are available here: http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#TCPserver )
    No it won't. However probably a discount price will be proposed to existing users.
    Next question will be: what are the plans for a version 3. No idea yet, but for a new release like that, there will be a beta test phase for at least 3-6 months, and there is no such beta currently...

Regards,

Frederic

3. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi xXDarkStalkerxX :)

In order to easily create new rules remember that the outgoing blocked packets are your friends... Check first the UDP packets since the TCPs are managed by the general rule "Authorise Standard Internet Services" in the LnS Enhanced rules set.

For all P2P applications you need two type of specific rules:

1- Server rules to allow the network to connect to your shared folder
    in TCP and the rule must be located befor or on the top of the general
    rule "Block Incomming Network Connections".

2- Client rule(s) to allow your PC to connect to the P2P network and download.

By "specific" rule I mean a rule trigger by the application and not by all application (like general rules). The application must be added to these specific rules from the rule editing window and the button "applications..."

Also the port used by the application and the rules must be the sames. In general these ports have to be configured in your P2P application and must be also configured in the specific rules.

I'll give you here an example for µTorrent and you may use this example to create rules for the other P2P applications you're using.

First of all some hints about µTorrent rules:

1- One server specific rule must be created and located before or on the top of the general rule blocking incomming connections [TCP in + flag syn]

2- One general rule for the Internet application such as the one in the LnS enhanced rules set

3- One specific rule for µtorrent related to NAT-Port Mapping Protocol in UDP

4- One specific rule for µtorrent related to BitTorrent InfoHash in UDP

5- One specific rule for µtorrent related to the DHT in UDP

Then at the Operating System level the SSDP and UPnP services must be in automatic mode and started (using the 1900 UDP port) IF you are within a Local Area Network or Router (with an IP local address such as 192.168.x.x)

Finally at the µTorrent options you must check the 2 port mapping options

In the rules example for µTorrent attached here the port used by the server rule and by the DHT rule is the same and must correspond to the one in the µTorrent options. You may change it to fit to your own selected port...

Download the file Torrent-English.rie.TXT
    Rename the file by removing the trailing .TXT
    Import in LnS
    Put the rules at their right position in the list
    Change the port in the server and DHT rule if needed
    Save and apply.

You may reboot (to be sure... ;-) )

Try µTorrent.

Suggested program to use with µTorrent and other P2P:
    PeerGuardian2

Hope this help. Let us know.
    :)

Attached Files:

4. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Thanks for the great help :D I already use PeerGuardian2 it is great.

5. Tu5

Tu5 Guest

I added the utorrent rule uploaded my Climenole and everything works perfectly only if i disable the default 'block UPnP port 1900' rule when using the enhanced ruleset. Is it safe for me to leave this rule disabled permanently? Or is it possible to change this rule so that the UPnP protocol is only enabled when utorrent is running?

Thanks

6. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Yes, you can create a specific rule to allow UPnP/port 1900, and associate it to your utorrent application, so the port will be open only when this application is connected.
    Of course, don't forget to re-enable the initial rule that was blocking these packets (and the new rule should be placed before that rule).

Frederic

7. Paroxysm

Paroxysm Registered Member

even though this confused the crap out of me ( not your fault but my own lol) I did download the file and and adjusted the ports to the port That I usee for Utorrent and now I am totally connected :) that you. this was the only reason why I wasn't using this firewall because I couldn't get utorrent to work properly and thanks to you now I can :)

8. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi Paroxysm :)

lol And now you can "pump" all the web in your PC with µtorrent: very good!

In case of problem with LnS there is a simple solution: just ask the question here and you'll have the solution ASAP. After a certain period you'll find LnS very easy (and funny) to use.

Have a nice day.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.