Some good news about Spyware Terminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kdm31091, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Okay, this is 100% informal, and it's pretty stupid to even make a thread. But you all know about Spyware Terminator, the formerly-rogue now clean anti-spyware freeware? Well, it seems to me it's pretty effective.

The only reason I say this is a real world example. My mom seems to be pretty bad about keeping her computer secure and I'm constantly cleaning it. I had put Ad-Aware on there long ago, just for a bare minimum, and today it detected "43 critical objects" but after a reboot, re-scan (about 30 objects found) and additional reboot, EVERYTHING was still there, popping up, giving rogue antispyware ads, etc. Every single thing. Ad-Aware did not remove anything.

So I installed Spyware Terminator. Its scan dected approximately 20 objects. However, it actually did remove them - all of them. The only thing left behind was a broken IE toolbar, which I simply disabled.

So the point is, it appears Spyware Terminator does have a good level of actual effectivness! :thumb: I'll be replacing my own Ad-Aware free with Spyware Terminator most likely, after seeing that Ad-Aware is indeed losing its touch.

2. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Not at all! This is actually what is kinda NEEDED regarding this product. Practically every day members of this community report on SUPERAntiSpyware (SAS's founder frequents here almost daily).....but a freeware app like Spyware Terminator doesn't seem to get much (or really any) pub or recognition at all. I think it's great that you're sharing your experiences with it....

3. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

I'm glad to get the praise. It seems as though Terminator is at least above average in effectiveness. Note that Ad Aware and Avast both didn't do anythign with this malware (avast had dectected it but didn't actually do anything either).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.