Some advanced options grayed out

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bodgy, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Over the past few days, I've suddenly encountered mouse click problems on my XP machine.

After scanning for virus' etc, I then looked to see what programs/updates etc I might have installed since the problem appeared.

whilst checking ESS, I've discovered that suddnely the Web Access Protection option(s) are now grayed out although under HTTP,HTTPS it is ticked but grayed out, however the parent option is unticked and unavailable. The other thing that has happened is that under POP3 heading and Email Clients the drag bars do not work, nor can I tick or untick the programs appearing in the list box.

I'm considering re-installing ESS v4.0.424.0, but I'd like some thoughts if any before I do that incase I have something lurking, that ESS is keeping at bay, even though it might be interfering with ESS.

Colin

2. StoneDog

StoneDog Registered Member

Depending on your settings of "Protocol Filtering" and "Protocol Filtering -> SSL" the mentioned options will be grayed out (they do not make sense if you are not using protocol filtering with or without SSL :D ).
    //Dog

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

That fixed it, so it begs the question how did it become unticked? I had the little yellow 'I" icon appear. As I said, I hadn't actually touched ESS apart from opening it up to run a scan.

Strange.

Colin

4. StoneDog

StoneDog Registered Member

Strange indeed - however I seem to recall that SSL scanning is deselected by default when you install, so perhaps during install/upgrade/etc. .... o_O
    //Dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.