Solways task scheduler

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I disabled the task scheduler in win XP.I am looking for a task scheduler replacement.I found Solways task scheduler on internet.After scanning with Virustotal it found a trojan in that file 1/36.I assume it is a false positive,because I downloaded it from the author's page.I have not installed it yet.
    I want to set up a schedule like this:to run a program 10 minutes after I start up my PC.I do not startup the PC everyday on the same time.Is it possible to do such a schedule with that program? Or is there another program that I can use for this?

2. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

If you only want a certain program to run after a preset amount of time everytime Windows starts would something like Startup Delayer work?

Be advised that I do not have any personal experience with this program. I just saw it and thought it might fit with what you are trying to do. I recommend you do your own research on this program. Read user reviews at SnapFiles and Download.com for a start. I am sure there are other programs out there that can delay the startup of a program as well.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Solway's Task Scheduler i run everyday. Safe 100% from author's site.

I done this because the process terminator offered never works for me, "BUT", you can download the FREEWARE app Process Viewer (softpedia site), use the pv.exe single file to set your time to kill ANY process at Solway's Task scheduled time you choose, using this syntax.

pv –kf process name.exe in the command line box in Solway's Task Scheduler. I use it all the time to even run swf flash files and this pv.exe + the pv -kf pulls the running process without fail or problem on XP Pro.

IF THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE AFTER!

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/PrcView.shtml

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  4. raakii

raakii Registered Member

use freebyte task scheduler same as above

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.