[SOLVED] Recovery Media Builder Interrupted

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by zarzenz, Feb 17, 2014.

1. zarzenz

zarzenz Registered Member

I installed Backup and Recovery 2014 Free and I then registered it with my Paragon account. I was then able to see a download offered for my 32 bit Win 7 system in the software listings of my account page for the Recovery Media Builder.

However after downloading it and trying to run it, after the files extract I then get a message saying... the wizard was interrupted before recovery media builder could be completely installed.

I have no idea why this is happening and can't figure out a way to fix it.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Re: Recovery Media Builder Interrupted

This problem or a similar one appeared in the first build of RMB for HDM 14. One solution was to install RMB from the command line in Administrator mode. See http://kb_wp.paragon-software.com/article/592.

If your aim is to create the Linux boot medium, you don´t need RMB. Just look in the installation folders in C: for the ISO directory. In it, you will find the Linux ISO files. With them, you can create the boot USB key (using Rufus) or burn the boot CD (with ImgBurn, Windows, Nero).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  3. zarzenz

Thanks Robin A.

I have located the boot ISO in the program file which is good. I'm actually wondering if this is the same as the boot CD I created using the Paragon 2012 version which I guess it will be as I think the archives are all compatible from build to build. I can try a test later to see if I can restore a small partition using that to save me making a new CD.

Having said all that... I wonder what is so different about the RMB and why it has an obvious flaw in the running of the installation setup after downloading. I would have thought Paragon would have known about this and done something to correct it.

I did have a look in the forum now and have indeed seen some information about running from the command line in Administrator mode as you suggested but it was all a little bit complex for me to follow at the moment. Maybe I will look into that again later or maybe won't even need to bother with it now after seeing your reply regarding the ISO and my probability of already having a suitable recovery CD.

4. zarzenz

Hello Robin A.

I just noticed after we posted the same time your extra information in the link to the Paragon kb article which looks good.

Many thanks for that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.