[solved]about: Why did I get infected in the first place

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by IanMac, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IanMac

IanMac Registered Member

Having followed all the advice in here , I now can't get onto quite a few sites - and I've no idea which of the things I installed/edited is now stopping me accessing sites.

Basically when I click to enter a game room (such as spades, on pogo) - I merely get a "Internet explorer was unable to link to the page you wanted" page showing up (with a url such as: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/pogo....pt=ist;kw=um19;ptile=1;sz=500x350;ord=121850? ) and the room never loads.

Any idea how to get back what I had?

2. Taz71498

Taz71498 Registered Member

Re: about: Why did I get infected in the first place

Hello,

I am going to take a guess at this one. My guess is if you installed IE-SpyAd that it may be your problem.

My suggestion:

Go to Restricted sites zone of Internet Explorer and check to see if the sites that you want to go to are listed there. You can always remove the site from the restricted zone.

Or, uninstall IE-SpyAd and see what happens. If you choose to try and uninstall, go back to this page and follow the directions on uninstallling:
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/resource.htm

3. IanMac

IanMac Registered Member

correct, fixed, and thank you :)

4. Taz71498

Taz71498 Registered Member

Your welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.