Solo Antivirus found this - MSRDPCLI.EXE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by myotherhalf, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myotherhalf

myotherhalf Registered Member

I have only just stated using Solo as I have been using AVG. A scan of my computer found MSRDPCLI.EXE saying it is a BACKDOOR.IRCCONTACT.30

I found the info on the web for MSRDPCLI.EXE and that is it a Microsoft file for Remote Desktop Connection. Solo is asking for me to clean the file - I renamed the file while I was going to check it out, but Solo still found it.

A search of the internet gave me details for the BACKDOOR.IRCCONTACT.30 but there isn't anything that related it to the file MSRDPCLI.EXE.

Here are the details for: Backdoor.IrcContact.30
    Malware Name : Backdoor.IrcContact.30
    Malware Type : Backdoor (A Backdoor is a program that uses a secret and/or undocumented means of getting into a computer system. Some software programs have backdoors for programmers to troubleshoot or change the program. Some backdoor programs test the system and phone home to allow for future attacks.)

I don't want to get rid of the file as I know I want to use the Remote Desktop soon.

I have tried quite a few online scanners, also Adaware, SpyBot etc but none of these found the same file, only Solo!

Any advice on this please?

2. myotherhalf

myotherhalf Registered Member

Since making this post I found a great site mentioned in one of the threads:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

I uploaded the file in question, MSRDPCLI.EXE, and nothing was found! So I am not so worried now, but will keep an eye on it!

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

It's a riskware detection, nothing to worry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.