Soliciting Opinions ESET v6

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by kem, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kem

kem Registered Member

Hello,

I used ESET for years but for reasons I won't go into I switched to Symantec. Now my Symantec renewal is 7 days away and I've been trying to decide what to do.

I want to go back to ESET but I'd prefer to make the switch directly to the new version 6.

I would be interested to hear some opinions from people who have been testing version 6. Is the beta good enough for live use now? I understand the usual caveats about running beta, etc. so that's not really what I'm asking. I just want to know if it is stable enough and working well enough to move to now and purchase as soon as it released.

Thanks! KEM

2. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I have been testing V6 for months and I have had no problems, it has been very stable. KOR-

3. kem

kem Registered Member

Thanks KOR. I forgot to ask in my original post. What OS are you using?

I'm only interested in Windows 7/8 x64.

- KEM

4. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

XP32sp3..........I am still on XP so it would apply for you..

5. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

I was using it for a month and suddenly it started to give BSODs. I have been using 6.0.115.0 RC with Windows 7 SP1 32 bit.

6. bcronin

bcronin Registered Member

For what its worth, the v6 release candidate is working fine for me on 2 clean-installed Win8 Pro x64 systems. I uninstalled v5 before installing v6rc.
    --
    bc

7. kem

kem Registered Member

Thanks for the opinions. I'm going to give it a shot since it is so close and I just don't want to pay Symantec for another year.

- KEM

8. encus

encus Registered Member

Good luck, Kem!

9. silverfox99

silverfox99 Registered Member

I gave the SSv6 RC a whril over the weekend and i would say for browsing it's the fastest suite i have ever come accross - no noticable slowdown at all really, loads up v quick for me on a Vista 2Gig RAM lappy.

I would say that NIS has also been a suite i have found to be one of the quicker ones. But i'm a bit less keen on NIS 2013, few more pop-ups here and there and i like my AVs to be quiet.

Can you get 2 months free with the v6 RC? I think it says on mine 70 odd days licence. You could install and test for a while, go back to NIS if you need to later?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.