Software won't let me download it for a second time!

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by tizzi70, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tizzi70

tizzi70 Registered Member

Firstly, hope I'm in the right forum and I'm doing this correctly. I'm not the most computer literate person around!

Anyway, I downloaded the trial version of legacydocuments.com sometime ago as part of a free trial. However, I need to download it again to check something and it won't let me.

Question is.... have they put some kind of code on my computer that tells them I have previously downloaded and if so, how do I find it/get rid of it?

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Tizzi

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If this is the trial download page you went to perhaps your e-mail address they have is what's preventing you from downloading again :doubt:

3. Snowie

Snowie Guest

TIZZI ASKED:

**Question is.... have they put some kind of code on my computer that tells them I have previously downloaded and if so, how do I find it/get rid of it? **

In many cases of TRIAL SOFTWARE the vendor has a way of knowing if the software has been previously installed and the trial expired......so if you do manage to download the Program......don't be surprised if it wont install.

As to how to find and remove any "details" the previous install may have left behind............I am not going to touch that subject.

If you need a program like the one you installed I would be willing to search for a freeware copy of a "like" program for you.

Regards

Snowie

4. tizzi70

tizzi70 Registered Member

Many thanks for all your help.

Firstly, tried other email addresses and it still won't let me download.

Secondly, I can't really use a like for like programme as it is this programme I need.

Just thought there may have been a way to save myself the £237.50 it will cost me to buy the full package particularly as they previously gave me a free trial and won't let me re-access it, if only for half a day!!!!

It's a pain but thanks for your help. MUCH appreciated.

Cheers. Tizzi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.