Software piracy in your country

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by er34, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. er34

er34 Guest

I was wondering about this topic. Can you share some data about software piracy and piracy in your part of the world, in your county ?

For example:
    • do you know any official data about the piracy levels?
    • what is your opinion - is the official data true, does it represent your views about the piracy levels?
    • how strict is the law in your country against software piracy, against piracy from movies, music, etc ?
    • how much people in your country care about software piracy and intellectual rights ?
    • how strict are the authorities about that matter?
    • is there anybody (police, any special government agency, whoever) that checks home users and businesses if they use or distribute pirated things?
    • what is the law if somebody is caught using pirated software or with pirated music - what is the law and what actually happens to these people?

I never lived abroad, I have only travelled on holiday matters and this is something I am interested in. I know many people here can post about this because we are from all over the world. Please, everybody, join the discussion :thumb: and happy new year!
  2. er34

er34 Guest

Let me just add I do not support piracy and I have never used such. This is just a discussion.
  3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

May 24, 2009
    Not really a discussion suited for the site.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.