Software piracy in your country

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by er34, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. er34

er34 Guest

I was wondering about this topic. Can you share some data about software piracy and piracy in your part of the world, in your county ?

For example:
    • do you know any official data about the piracy levels?
    • what is your opinion - is the official data true, does it represent your views about the piracy levels?
    • how strict is the law in your country against software piracy, against piracy from movies, music, etc ?
    • how much people in your country care about software piracy and intellectual rights ?
    • how strict are the authorities about that matter?
    • is there anybody (police, any special government agency, whoever) that checks home users and businesses if they use or distribute pirated things?
    • what is the law if somebody is caught using pirated software or with pirated music - what is the law and what actually happens to these people?

I never lived abroad, I have only travelled on holiday matters and this is something I am interested in. I know many people here can post about this because we are from all over the world. Please, everybody, join the discussion :thumb: and happy new year!

2. er34

er34 Guest

Let me just add I do not support piracy and I have never used such. This is just a discussion.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Not really a discussion suited for the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.