Software + No new Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Ribo, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ribo

Ribo Registered Member

I tried to post to the spyware forum but it told me I didn't have the rights. I was just wondering if there were any automatic about:blank removal tools that worked well. I have removed it from a few peoples computers manually but I keep wondering if I got it all.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might look here

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Ribo, and welcome to Wilders.

The reason you cannot post in the 'spyware, adware, & hijack cleaning forum' is because that forum is now closed since we no longer do HijackThis log analysis here at Wilders. See this Announcement for more information.

As for recommending automatic cleaning tools to remove about:blank, other than the regular spyware removal programs like Spybot S&D and AdAware SE, and some antivirus and anti-trojan programs that detect and remove the earlier variants of CoolWebSearch (about:blank), the more recent variants of CWS however, will need special cleaning tools. Those types of cleaning tools are really something that should be given, along with specific instructions on how to use them, by a Spyware Expert experienced in using them and knowing on what operating systems and for what CWS variant to use them for. That is why we do advise people who's systems are infected with CWS to go to one of the forums that do this type of cleaning and HijackThis log analysis to ensured that the right analysis is done and the correct tools and proceedures are used. You can find a link to those sites in the Announcement Post.

If you are cleaning people's computers using HijackThis, then you might want to consider signing up for BootCamp at Spywareinfo Forum or the Classroom at TomCoyote's Forum, where you can learn more about what tools are available, safe to use, and on what types of infections and operating systems. :)

Hope that helps,

Regards,

snap

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  4. Ribo

Ribo Registered Member

Thanks, I do support for a tech company and removing spyware has started taking up about 30% of my time. I have removed about"blank manually several times but it is a pain in the butt and I was hoping for a lazy man's solution :p

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You may want to take a look here for a fairly complete solution that works well for us...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.