Software for logging addition/removal of applications

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by yogishree, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogishree

yogishree Registered Member

Maybe it is already there on my WIN ME system.If so then I am not aware of it and some kind soul may pl guide me to it.

Often there is a strong need for an application which may log all program install/uninstall. This is especially so , atleast in my case, when a problem is detected sometime after the addition or deletion of any program and I not able to recollect the exact change done by me.

Anyone out there with suggestions-preferably a freeware one.Thanks in advance.

2. yogishree

This is indeed surprising.No response from anywhere.

Even if no reply,pl someone do come out and inform if this be a foolish enough Q not deserving a reply OR the solution is too obvious to be put in words.

Pl do not spare my feelings and do confirm. o_O

3. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

What I do to keep track of the changes I make on my pc, like adding or removing software, is to write it all down in a small notebook that I keep next to my pc. I usually write the time and date whenever I make any changes and what was added or removed. I don't know of any software that will do this for you, but hopefully someone will post about something that can. Hth.

4. yogishree

Thanks Anti-spy for the exremely quick reply.

Yeah-I am already having a notebook for the purpose on which i also keep a log of updates,passwords.system inf etc.But how wonderful to have been if a software could have been located for the job.

Maybe some kindly soul would take note and evolve something suitable.

:doubt:

5. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

That would be nice Yogishree, if someone wrote a program like that. I have also asked about such a program on other sites, in the past, and no one knew of anything, or at least no one posted about it. I'll keep on the lookout, and post here if I find anything.

6. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

Google 'Total Uninstall'.

I haven't used it, but I've seen it recommended by knowledgable users - and it's WinME-compatible.

Hope this helps!

7. Down_Under

Down_Under Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.