Software filtering doesn't work?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Atomas31, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I have finally install LNS but the software filtering doesn't work at all? why?

How can I solved this issue?

Thank you,
    Atomas31

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Atomas31,

Could you provide a little more detail of the specific problem and symptoms that you are seeing?

Blue

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

4. Atomas31

Hi,

I have tried the patch without success (the way you indicated and more than one)...

But don't worry after more than 6 hours trying to install correctly this software and make it run, I simply uninstall it and I will go with Outpost Pro.

As for now, I didn't have any problem to install Outpost Pro and no problem to make it work either... WOW! that's differtent from LNS?

For the moment, LNS is to complicate to install and to make it run for me but, Hey, when it come to a version with a smooth installation and an easy ongoing maybe I will try it again....

Thanks anyway for your help,
    Atomas31

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

IME, LNS is very easy to install BUT it prefers to be installed on a "clean" system which has not had previous firewalls installed.

If you have been trialing different firewalls, debris left over from these uninstalls, may account for your difficulties with LNS.

6. Atomas31

Hi Blackcat,

I simply had ZoneAlarm Pro wich I totally remove using different tool like regseeker but for some reason there were some issue with the driver at first and than when I finally succeed in installing it, the software filtering wasn't working and I have another issue (I think, if i remember the log, that the UDP was block wich mean I receive ping song every 15 seconds or something like that).

Just in comparaison : I uninstall LNS the same way I uninstall ZoneAlarm pro before and install Outpost Pro and everything in the installation process work fine the first time and everything work like it should be, no patch that don't work to use, no driver that doesn't load, no UDP problem, no software filtering problem. So why can LNS work as smoothy than Outpost?

I think that LNS is a very interesting firewall that I would like on my computer but it seems to buggy on my system at the moment. Maybe the future version of this software will deal with those problems.

Atomas31

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.