social media scan: schedule a scan

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by BellaBoo, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaBoo

BellaBoo Registered Member

hello :)

I received an email [pic1], so i opened my eset gui, clicked the link, only to find that a scan had been performed 2 days ago [pic2]!

i also noted that my very first scan [per pic2] performed a scan of not just my profile but that of my *friends*.

q.1: why such an email when a scan had been performed but 2 days before? and
    q.2: how do i set up a scheduled scan? and would that scan include friends' pages too?

tia :)

ps: i may have to edit this post to ensure pics correlate with verbage. in which case: why don't attached files appear in the preview post!??!

Attached Files:

2. BellaBoo

okay, i can see where i can set automatic scans [roughly every 6 weeks] BUT it doesn't allow me to alter the frequency, nor does it allow me to choose [nor does it tell me] what it scans.

what does an automatic social media scan include?

3. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi there BellaBoo, was just passing by :D

Some links which hopefully will clarifying some things for you, at least, that is what I hope :))

Link : ESET Social Media Scanner FAQ , and Introduction

Regards, Janus

4. BellaBoo

hello janus and thanks for dropping in :)

thanks too for those links!

i read the contents of both earlier and unfortunately, they leave me none the wiser!

the content under the heading Description in my email [pic1] is my first concern --- how do i prevent that in the future?

if i read it correctly tho, is an automatic scan triggered only when there is activity on my specific fb page? activity [on my specific page] is sporadic because i rarely use it!

i use fb for professional purposes, and that use is [sporadic] via posts to other professional pages.

does anyone know how [or if] i can take control of the scanner to prevent deactivation?

5. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Facebook apps require you to renew this user rights confirmation 60 days after an app is installed. You must grant the ESET Social Media Scanner permission to Post on your behalf, Access messages in your inbox and Access posts from your News Feed for the application to function properly.

Unfortunately at this time there isn't a way to set up a scheduled scan or alter the frequency of Automatic Scans. I'm unsure whether this is due to limitations set by Facebook Policies or if it will be a feature possibly added in the future. I will bring it up with our developers and try to get a more definitive answer for you.

6. BellaBoo

well hello there mr womack :) and thank you for your replies, which have answered my queries.

thanks for your assistance, it is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.