So what's the deal with Trend Micro Anti-spyware??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by disinter1, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

I have a new key for 3.0, and I downloaded the new 3.5 and tried to put my key in place. And not a few seconds later it tells me that my trial is expired and that I could buy 3.5 for 14.99 or so...what!? Doesn't my BRAND spanking new 3.0 key work for 3.5? If this ain't a rip off from trend micro, I don't know what is. And from expierence, Trend Micro Anti-spyware is top notch, I tried all the major antispyware programs, so no matter what I'm gonna stick with trend. So do you think they know about this? And why wouldn't they let the public know either? o_O :( :mad:

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I have the same problem, i install tmas 3.5, enter my license number then update it and afterwards it tells me my license has expired please renew!! What the heck is going on? I have emailed them but as usual the response is taking a while, about 5 days so far.......

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

looks like Trend pulled the old, Pay me now and later, game. My license says the same thing.:mad:

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I guess i should have read the license agreement more thoroughly, it would seem the version 3 license is not transferable to 3.5. This seems strange to me tho as i've been able to transfer their security suite license between different versions.
    Oh well its a good thing i got my license real cheap off an ebay reseller so i'm not losing out too much. Looks like another license to throw on the junk pile...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.