So secure I can't even get in

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by MRSCT, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

No answers yet?
    How do I make the computer stop asking the security question about secure and unsecure? If I start going into the internet options, I won't know what I am doing.
    MRSCT

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  2. Jaws

Jaws Registered Member

Hi MRSCT,

Please don't take offense but I haven't stopped laughing at the title of your post *So secure I can't even get in* since I first read it.

Please if you can clarify, but I still don't know if I can help you. I'm surprised some of the experts haven't been here already.

You can get on the internet, right, but you can't log-in to your account? Ringers?? what's that? Have you changed anything in internet options recently?

Regards,

Jaws

3. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Thanks for posting, and I'm happy that you laughed at the title. Anyway, my cell phone provider is sprint. Today I called customer service, they didn't help. To open up my account I have to log in my cell number. That's fine. Ringers are the sounds your phone can make when someone calls your phone, they have song clips, traditional tones, tv shows,etc. I wanted to select new ringers or tones for my phone. When I click on my phone and type in my number and password, it says it's not right, also my question I choose just in case I forget the password said it was wrong and I know that the answer I gave was correct.

I get a box that is a security warning, and that says there are secure and unsecure items on the next page, if I click yes go ahead, nothing, click no nothing happens, I get the same answer for yes and know.

So I'm locked out. But I'll keep working on it and I know some people at this forum that I can PM.
    MRSCT

4. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Just to clarify (this is what it sounds like you are saying)

You are trying to log into your online cellphone account. To do this, you have to first enter your cellphone number, which takes you to a login page. You then have to enter your login and password.

When you enter your login and password it tells you that
    1. they are both wrong ? or
    2. your login is wrong ? or
    3. your password is wrong ?

To solve this you enter your 'secret word' ...but this also comes back as wrong.

A message also comes up saying 'the next page contains some secure and some unsecure items. Do you want to continue?' ...you've pressed both 'yes' and 'no' in answer to this question with nothing happening.

...I don't quite follow how the last can happen if your login or password aren't being accepted.

Also, it should be a simple matter of sending an email to your customer service, and them sending an email back to the email account that you opened your online cellphone account on.

5. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I was hoping to get more help. I went to my son who understands a lttle more than I do. Together we have solved the problem. I'm not sure what to do to get more help once my name is not on the main page. :doubt:
    MRSCT

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

you mean you want to get more help here, MRSCT? or more help from your internet provider? cause you lost me...

when entering a secure website, sometimes IE asks reminds you that you're about to enter secure site or whatever .. sometimes you'll have to loosen the settings of your browser to enter a page...I had that some while back with my online banking... :D well, they know now how I felt about it.. :rolleyes:

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

From that description I believe you are speaking of what they refer to as Mixed Content. If the security alert is similar to the below pic....you can make that adjustment via Internet Eplorer's top menu....Tools\Internet Options\Security tab....click on the Internet Zone to highlight....then select Custom Level. In the Miscellaneous section is where you will find the Mixed Content setting.

Attached Files:

8. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Infinity

More help here. Sometimes it is frustrating because I can't explain what I am seeing. I knew that there was something in the internet options, but if I were to tinker in there things could get messed up. :(

I still get that message, but have found a way around it. I'll try to go into internet options to try the information listed above.

Sorry for getting impatient. I was just frustrated that I got no answers earlier in the day. I have got to rememer people are working. A member I PM to said to put it in the forum so others can learn.

There are a nice group of people here!

MRSCT

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm not aware of a work around....but if it worked....that's what counts. As for trying the information above....those settings are very harmless and if you are wanting to not see the question about secure and unsecure....that's the setting you need to enable.

10. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Bubba,

Need your help re. the above if possible.
    Is there any chance you know where these pains of small MS/IE dialog boxes
    are in the Registry so that I can get rid of them permanently.
    The example you gave is one menace, another is headed;
    INTERNET EXPLORER
    When you send info. to the internet.............

Another is re. Active X content and not being able to see the page correctly......

I mean seeing each of them one time about 6 years ago was enough but
    10 times every day of the year ever since........

Their ERROR REPORTING TOOL on 98's and SE's was enough to drive anyone to drink, but fortunately someone long ago told me how to lose that in the Reg.

TIA,

Regards.

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

All those Alert dialog boxes that you describe are contained in the DLL files Internet Explorer uses....not in the registry. If you do stumble across a non-existant way to supress those alerts....especially the ActiveX one....you'll live a worry free life on an Island of your choice with all the royalties you'll receive :cool:

12. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

Capiche !

Thanks Bubba, it was worth a try.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.